Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: HUD policy

----- Forwarded message begins here -----
From: Bob Reed <rjreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "carr0023@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <carr0023@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 08:52:33 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: HUD policy

<COMMUNET%UVMVM.BITNET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Date: Sun, 05 Feb 1995 12:54:58 -0500
> Subject: Re: Fwd: HUD policy
>
> I agree with you whole-heartedly on this. On a lower level, I am in the
> process of providing internet access to a one-hundred unit low-income housing
> facility.
> I have received seven computers and am seeking funding in order to continue my
> efforts.
>
> It is my belief, that if HUD does not contribute to the electronicizing of the
> neighborhoods that it perpetuates, it is a deliberate attempt on their part-as
> a government agency- to create and unbalanced society in the electronic realm.
>
> This unbalancing can be compared to the writing of a constitution in which all
> members of society are not represented and/or protected. Although electronic
> networking is not constitutionalize, per se, as the electronic visions of the
> computer-using elites become the reality of the future, an attempt by the
> government-HUD to ignore its responsibility to low-income housing neighborhood
> is an obtrocity and the epitome of gross negligence.
> Thanks for any information that you can provide on this subject.
> Subrina
> ------ Forwarded message ends here ------

While I think your efforts to link low-income neighborhoods to the
internet are worthwhile and admirable, I think that perhaps your
criticism of HUD is far too simplistic. If you don't contribute to
Greenpeace, does that mean you want all the whales to die?

There's far too much of that "if you're not 100% with me, you're my
enemy" stuff going on.

Bob Reed
Pacifica Corporation
------ Forwarded message ends here ------