Re: Dumping on Haha

On Wed, 8 Feb 1995, Mark Darrall wrote:

> Oh, Steve,
> Yeah, it was irreverant and catty, but it was funnier than all hell!
>
> Seems to me Garry is maybe pointing up the ultimate irrelevance of it all?

Garry will speak for himself, no doubt, but I don't think he was speaking
of the 'irrelevance of it all' as if life and architecture is all some
sort of light joke but about the dangerousness of people (designers and
critics especially) who use big, fancy, pretentious words to discuss
concepts and objects that indeed, upon contemplation, turn out to be
miniscule and shallow.

At least that's what I read in the text.

David Sucher