Re: METROPOLIS...Jan-Feb issue

>Did anyone else read the article in it about Eurosprawl? Very interesting.
>
>Any comments? Opinions?
>
>David Sucher
>
>PS Does anyone read METROPOLIS at all? There is so little design writing
>and METROPOLIS seems to have some of the best.

I'm a big fan of Metropolis. It's the only design journal I read (as
opposed to looking at pictures). The article about European burbs was
interesting. Certainly we Americans don't have a lock on vulgarity, but
sprawl in Europe is the exception, not the rule as it is here. The usage
ratio of transit to private car, for instance, is an order of magnitude
greater in European cities than here. Are there any Europeans on this list
who can comment on suburban sprawl in their countries?

Jonathan Cohen