Internet World Tour! Updates on the Competition! FAQs!

----------
From: Jean Beaudoin <pierre.beaudoin@xxxxxx>
To: 1 DEsign L (envoi tous) <DESIGN-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Internet World Tour! Updates on the Competition! FAQs!
Date: 24 mars, 1997 15:51

Concours International
Seuil / Place de l'Architecture
Bridging / A place for Architecture
http://www.ame.umontreal.ca/comp/
Un tour du monde par Internet!
An World Tour of E-mails!
andapproved by the Comiti des Concours of the Order of Architects
of Quebec.Prizes total $25,000, including a "Prix du public".

The object of the competition is the consolidation of montreal's historic
axis, St. Lawrence boulevard, which divides the city in its East and
Westsides, and a point where it meets the Ville-Marie expressway and
becomes an architectural object joining Old Montreal to the modern
city.

At this threshold between Time and Space, it is proposed to make a
place,"APlace for Architecture".

Un mot de nos commanditaires
Word from our sponsors
"The spaces we inhabit must be considered as a collective
resource contributing as other cultural activities to define
Quebec and its place in the global context."
- Louise Beaudoin,
Ministre de la Culture et des Communications.

"The steering committee of the Entente has learned of your
project for an international competition... A study for the design
of such an important site as the St. Lawrence boulevard
between Old and New Montreal is most desirable."
-Monique Barriault,
Culture et Communication Quebec
et Renaud Paradis,Ville de Montreal
co-president,
Entente sur le developpement culturel de Montreal

Montrial, Ville d'Architecture !
Montreal, City of Architecture !

"So far, everyone here who has seen the press release is very
impressed and excited with your competition. I am jealous
because you have so much support and funding from so many
organizations. Here, the City of Vancouver and the
Provincial Government say that they do not fund architecture ...
I want to show them your competition !"
-Kathleen Kern, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.

"I like your motto:
- Make architecture public policy! BigCity -,
I wish it would come true in my town, too."
Irja Hult-Visapaa
City Planner/Architect at the City Planning Office,
Jyvaskyla, Finland.

We take this opportunity to thank those who have helped us in this
endeavor. Specially, Denis Lemieux, architect, Ministere de la Culture
etdes Communications du Quebec and Isabelle Dumas, architect,
director of the Urban Planning Service, City of Montreal.

Big thanks to the Jury: Phyllis Lambert, Bronwen Ledger, Bernard
Lamarre,Anne Cormier , Benoit Dupuis, Dan S. Hanganu, Gilles
Saucier, Arthur Erickson, Moshe Safdie, Rafael Viqoly, Lise Anne
Couture, Odile Decqand Jacques Ripault.

--------------------------------------
World Wide Wettbewerbe!
--------------------------------------

"Thanks for your informations.we added your link on our site"
Gogliardo Vieira Maragno
Sindicato dos Arquitetos e Urbanistas, Brazil.

"I'd like to ask if the competition is opened to all profesionals
over the world or it is restricted only to Canada and U.S.A."
Ahmed M. Tawakkol
Urban Design Director,B&T Bureau,Le Caire, Egypt.

"In order to provide the information of this important
competition & event to the catalan architects, through the
weekly publication we send to the 6.000 professional
architects..."
Silvia Alvarez Montesinos, Informacis i Debat, Spain.

"Ce concours est bien un concours international ?
C'est a dire que en tant qu' "etranger" au Canada, en
l'occurence de nationalite frangaise, vivant en France,
je peux aussi participer a votre Concours?
Vincent Cosne, Paris, France.

I recently heard of a design competition posted on the
landscape architecture list server. The competition sponsored
by the RAIC involved 'a place for architecture' in Montreal.
Joseph Fry,DMG Landscape Architects,
Burnaby, B.C., Canada.

Puis-je le participer en tant que cyber-journaliste free-lance?
Akari Kurosaki, Tokyo, Japon.

Your message was translated and distributed to our group of
Architects also we published your message on our WEB site.
http://www.arquicol.com
JAIRO MEDINA, Colombie, South America.

I will translate and add it to the nextroom-kalender competition
database.
Juerg Meister, Auriche.

Where is Montreal ?
( ! ! !), New York, USA.

These messages underline the importance of the Internet. In addition to
the106 IUA member countries, we have reached many more who are
not: Egypt, Brazil and Colombia, to name a few.

The competition is totally open to all those passionate about
architecture from any country and background. This is an unlimited
barrier-free competion about tresholds!!

http://www.ame.umontreal.ca/comp
Congratulations!
The Internet Architecture Zone and the Web Architecture
Magazine web sites, have selected your site as their GUEST
for the 'Guests & Links' page for WAM05 issue and 'Guests'
page for iAZ. And, again,congratulations on producing an
excepcional World Wide Web site.
WAM, Spain.

Excellent piece of information you have created for the
Montreal competition. We are proud to recommend you.
ARCHIHUB - serious fun in architecture
http://www.algonet.se/~archihub
Hans Andersson, Sweden.

NAME: place de l'architecture, concours international,
DESC: Web site of the competition, Tout est l`...If all
competitions wereannounced that way...!!!
PS: I think I will subscribe !
Jean Brange, list owner, Aleph, Paris, France.

-----------------------------------
? Comment s'inscrire ?
How to register?
? Como se inscribir?
-----------------------------------

We are interested in entering the Seuil/ Place de l'Architecture
-Montreal. We will be paying the registration fee in U.S. dollars
how would you suggest we calculate the exchange rate for
$75 CAN.Thank you and Aloha from Hawaii!
David A. , USA.

How do I go about registering for this competition, what is the
cost, deadlines,etc,...and when would a brief be released for
the competition.
Ashley Lane, Australia.

Regarding the very interesting competition that is being
organised and my interest in registering for it I have a question
about the payment of the registration fee.I would like to know if
a post-wissel (postal excange check ) would be a sufficient
way to pay the fee.
Jan Jongert, De Ruimte, Rotterdam, Pays-Bas.

--------------------
Registration
--------------------
The registration process will take place under the supervision of the
Royal Architectural Institute of Canada.

In order to be eligible, registrations must include the following:
- a registration card (5" x 7"), indicating the name, address, telephone
& fax numbers, and email address of the team leader;

- a cashier's check or postal money order in the amount
of $75 CanadianDollars made payable to the order of:
"RAIC- Place de l'Architecture."

Seuil / Place de l'Architecture
IRAC Concours International d'Architecture
1825, Boulevard Rene-Levesque Ouest,
Montrial, Quibec, Canada.
H3H 1R4

Program mailing will start on the 15th of April and sudmissions are due
the 9th of June. Winners will be announced on the 21st of June at
BuckminsterFuller's Sphere during de Gala of the Architecture Festival.

Bon Concours !
E-mail benoit.2.beaudoin@xxxxxx
Fax. (514) 933-0242 Til. (514) 937-6168
poste 226
Jean Beaudoin,competition coordinator,
Luis de Miguel, directeur du Festival,
Sebastien Leonard, assistant coordonateur,
Karim Duranceau, concepteur WWW,
Martin Leblanc, conception graphique,
Denis Lemieux, Culture et Communications Quebec
Isabelle Dumas, Service d'Urbanisme Ville de Montreal
Montrial,Quibec,Canada.