Re: request for information on women designers

Beth Desnick wrote:

>I am seeking information about research that may be available on women
>designers of the twentieth century who have designed products,
>interiors, fashion, landscape, or other features of our culture that are
>commonly recognized.

Try contacting or reading the publications of Professor Caroline Constant
at the University of Florida School of Architecture. Her researched is
focused on Eileen Gray. I believe she has done other work in regarding
womnem designers in the earlier part of the 20th century. Another person to
look at is Beatriz Colomina. She is at Princeton and her latest book has a
pretty good bibliography.
C. Steve Lewis
University of Florida, Masters Student, Architecture
stlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx