Re: affirmative action

>Pawns make lousy cultural rperesentatives.

True enough, I'm no fan of Thomas although I never expected him to act as a
"cultural representaive" whatever that might entail.

But what do you think of the Kaplan suggestion that there is a"stunning
leadership void" caused (at least in part) by the token appointments of
"un-outstanding women"? Aren't you concerned by the growing reactionary
movement which would like nothing better than to turn back the clock on the
gains made by affirmative action? Do you support Proposition 14? I'll bet
Clarence Thomas does...

mcanulty