Re: Signage

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 11:23:02 -0500 wrote...
>Bruce Aaron Parker's comment prompts me to suggest that we have a
>"Building of the Week" discussion ... all *opinion* of course.

Interesting thought. How would you do this?
Would you discuss one building or a pair of buildings?
What day of the week would you start?
Who would co-ordinate/service and/or "moderate" the list?
Would it be editted or otherwise organized and archived for later
reference?

I would suggest that the only criterion for expressing an opinion is that
the opiner have actually visited the building (assuming it exists in actual
space and time). If you want to comment on the building from mediated
experience, maybe there could be a parallel discussion. Case in point:
Goff's Asian Gallery (completed by Bart Prince) in L.A. was on my list of
buildings beneath distain until I visited it. What an extraordinary tour de
force! The lighting, the sound, the procession, the ambience, the tusky
exterior on the verge of the La Brea Tar Pits. The transformation of
mundane Kalwall to beautiful material through appropriate use.

the whole deal was an epiphany to me. Now, mind you, I donough think i'll
be doon' a buildin' lak tha' un meself inny tyme soon...., buh, Aye
sartinly lairnt a lot fro' me visit.

B.Aaron Parker