mapping alexandria

My background is architecture, and I teach and research architectural
design theory and practice. I wonder if anyone on the list could help
me locate sources for maps of the site and/or city of Alexandria, Egypt
- and/or texts which deal with the analysis of such maps (I'm thinking
in terms of Harley's History of Cartography project & publications)?
Ancient and modern maps; other kinds of orthographic and perspectival
representations - topographical, geographical, urban, maritime, etc. -
ie. of Pharaonic, Greek, Roman, Colonial and recent registers of the
place? Its for a project called Mapping: Design, in which I will try to
explore an approach to design which uses mapping and cartographic
practices to record various registers of place (metaphorical, symbolic,
political, urban, cultural, personal, etc.), so as to develop
implications for design. The project is speculative, and possibly
peripheral to the obvious focus of the discussion group - but if anyone
is interested to read further, let me know, and I can forward a couple
of texts which outline the project in more specific terms.

Regards

Michael Tawa

Dr Michael Tawa
Senior Lecture