Re: mapping alexandria

The Museum Library at UPenn might be a good place to start.

http://www.library.upenn.edu/museum/museum.html

In addition, Elizabeth Walters [Faculty, Art History at Penn State
University] would likely be a good person to contact.

Museum Library

33rd & Spruce Stree
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6324
(215) 898-7840

The Museum Library supports research, study, and
teaching in the fields of
anthropology and archaeology. It also houses
materials in other related
disciplines such as folklore, linguistics,
museology, museum conservation, and
non-European art. The collection includes 113,00
volumes, 5,000 catalogues
phamplets, and 745 serials. For holdings, check
both Franklin, the Penn
Library online catalog, and the Museum card
catalog.

Special strengths are in Egyptology, Mayan studies
and Meso-American
archaeology, classical archaeology, and ancient
Near East. The Brinton
Collection is a special collection of pre-1890
materials relating in large part to
Meso-American and other native American languages.
The library has a full set
of Human Relations Area Files on microfiche.

For information on collections in other Penn
libraries that may be of related
interest, please see Complementary Collections to
the Museum Library.

Thomas Lenar
GSFA
tlenar@xxxxxxxxx