Re: laptop vs. desktop

NJIT pioneered a program and solved one dilemna by giving every entering
freshman a computer. (486's in the early nineties, I don't know what model
now).They were theirs to use for the term of their registration. The
students gave them back when they finished their studies. They used them
all the time for their science and humanities classes; they did most of
their design work they way the rest of us do -- by using whatever tool
works best for each set of problems and solutions.