Seattle Cinerama

As I understand it, the Seattle Cinerama is equipped with 2 screens - a
conventional wide screen, and a special multi-strip curved Cinerama
screen for use with the 3 Cinerama projectors and 6-channel sound system
that is being installed. A smaller version of this setup, owned and
operated by John Harvey, was used for over a year in the New Neon cinema
in Dayton, Ohio. In its opening month, I got to see the 1952 classic
"This is Cinerama" which was astounding, in spite of the quilt-like
Technicolor print that was pieced together from prints found around the
world.

BTW in the early 1950s Cinerama theaters were written about in the
architecture magazines as a new building type. Wonder if Seattle
Cinerama has back-room tanning salons ...