Re: AutoCAD? Bravo!

----------
From: Howard Ray Lawrence <hrl@xxxxxxx>
To: DESIGN-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: AutoCAD? Bravo!
Date: Wed, Apr 28, 1999, 1.16 PM

For me, it suggests that there might be a staff of AutoCAD workers that
are NOT architect-educated to do the drafting tasks of the designer
architects.

Howard - this is the way we always handled it. Their were CAD people in the
basement (not a dungeon), who were responsible for all of the electronic
manipulation of the design. We used CAD work as a too for design development
(stretching grids, re-orienting building direction, etc.), but still did
most of the work by hand. Now computer applications are used solely for
design development and visualization studies, 3D modeling, and montaging.

wayde tardif

architecture+graphic design

wtardif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://wabakimi.carleton.ca/~wtardif/index.html