Re: price of gas, Smart

Mark Darrall wrote:

> At 08:29 AM 4/29/99 -0700, Igor wrote:
>
> >Well, it's not too bad here in Sweden...
>
> I've never made it there, but I imagine it's a beautiful country. My point
> was that I wish we could see more of North America in a natural state, as it
> was a long time ago. We've developed way too much of it, mostly because of
> how easy it is to travel long distances, thanks to cars and way-too-cheap
> gasoline.
>
> >, as a fact I have just sold my
> >Civic
> >for a Smart, a CityCupé you probaly don't know about. It origins from
> >Swatch
> >but now owned by Mercedes. It's a 2-seater and takes almost no gas and
> >it
> >definitly looks 'smart'. For me it's not a question of lowering costs,
> >but
> >rather what I communicate - 'reduce to the MAX' which is my design
> >philosophy.
>
> Sounds like a good philosophy! But, Igor, how much does gasoline cost in
> Sweden? You can't deny that is a STRONG incentive to be more efficient with
> fuel.
>
> >Check it out at http://www.archaid.se/events
>
> Thanks!
> Mark

I´m just about to hop in the Smart and drive to Stockholm from
Gothenburg, 5 hours. It's so fun to drive. The gas here is aprox.
4.50$ per gall. but I never bother about the cost as most of my
travel is business. Also, 90% is tax so I feel like a good citizen.

Have a nice weekend,
--
Igor Cronsioe architect/designer SIR
Living Design -> Archaid Hotel