Re: Designs That Stink

given the fact that the (European) medieval church left a largely
unsurpassed architectural legacy, the comparison between the medieval church
and the modern cinema in all its manifestations may not distribute
altogether evenly. granted, the act of "worship" (and patronage) eminating
from modern cinema's public (masses) compares well with religious fervor,
however, the legacy of this "adoration" falls largely in the bank accounts
of movie executives -- essentially the medium that increasingly controls
more and more of our culture is unprovisionally paid by the masses to do
so -- and those execs love that fact that people continue to unobjectionably
pay more and more. perhaps a comparison between modern cinema and ancient
paganism provides a more apt equation.

as I grow older, it becomes clearer and clearer to me that regardless of the
reality, many people choose to believe that which least offends or threatens
them.

sl

ps
isn't India the real world capital of modern cinema? and therefore wouldn't
a comparison between modern cinema and Hindu temples make for an even better
learning lesson?