Thanks and Result on Questionnaire

Hello everybody,

As many of you probably remember, few months ago I'd posted some
questions regarding the Net on my master's questionnaire. I'd already received
many interesting
answers and many of you asked
me to post the results of the survey, so, here I'm posting the result of my
questionnaire.
I also want to say my thanks to all respondents who had responded to my
questionnaire and also for
some special persons who had been my respondents on interviews.
FYI I had finished my master thesis and had passed my last defense on 17 Dec
1998.

Here I quote few lines from the acknowledgements page of my thesis report:
"Here, I devote this page to everyone who had helped and supported during all
process in working
with this thesis...............Special thanks are due to all my friends:
- All virtual friends, especially so many respondents who had responded to my
survey questionnaire.
- John Keoni Porter, Alan Sondheim, Thiar Sitorus, Stephen Quondam Lauf,
Duncan McCargo, and
Alex Baidin, for being very helpful and cooperative in the interviewing process
(virtual
interviews)..........."

best regards,
Lynn
____________
THE RESULT:

SECTION A - Your Net-connection
How long have you been a Net user?
Less than a year 7%
1-2 years 16%
2-3 years 15%
3-4 years 22%
More than 4 years 40%
Abstain 0%

How long do you spend your time being online a day?
Less than one hour 10%
1-2 hours 30%
2-5 hours 30%
5-20 hours 28%
More than 20 hours 1%
Abstain 1%

SECTION B -- Your Net-activities
What kind of Net-activities that you often do? (You can choose more than one
option)
Emailing 100%
Chatting 33%
net-meeting 11%
web-surfing 88%
MUD's 8%
other 25%

What do you do mainly by your Net-activity? (You can choose more than one
option)
shopping 15%
business meeting 32%
friendly discussion 55%
romance-chatting 13%
getting information 95%
just having fun 41%
other 29%

Do you join any mailing list? Choose the subject areas you are most interested
in:
Religion 27%
Science/ Technology 51%
Art/Architecture 25%
Economics/Business 22%
Entertainment/Music 26%
Education 33%
Philosophy/Psychology 34%
other (Profession, Politics) 44%

SECTION C -- Your Cyber's feelings
How do you feel about Cyberspace's relationships/communities compared with ones
in real world?
less meaningful 31%
equally meaningful 57%
more meaningful 6%
abstain 6%

less open 11%
equally open 28%
more open 51%
abstain 10%

less freedom 10%
equally freedom 34%
more freedom 47%
abstain 9%

less constraints 52%
equally constraints 23%
more constraints 11%
abstain 14%

Please enter any comments regarding your feeling about Cyberspace (space in
Internet), compare to
your physical space:
57 % of respondents gave their comments
(I can't include all comments here).