Re: lack of life

Good topic, architectural murders. I've had a few clients
or their family members murdered or killed in bizarre
accidents.

One, a woman, arts patron, in her nineties, was drug to her
death by a London cab when her coat was clamped by a closed
door.

A few weeks ago the estranged husband of a client couple
was bludgeoned to death on Long Island.

Other clients have killed a mate, a family member, or been
killed by the same.

My very first client after graduating from architecture school,
not yet a registered architect, was negated (actually rendered
comatose for perpetual institutional care) by her doctor husband
who injected her, at her command, with increasing doses of
narcotics -- she had inherited money, he wanted it so obeyed after
getting her signed and witnessed waiver of liability . One of
their expensive amusements was to have the top architects
of the world design elaborate residences, all the way through
working drawings, then abandon the projects, or build one now
and then and tear it down when finished to prepare for the
next exquisite folly. Hired for unknown reasons, probably as
an anti-dote to the famous, I contributed a few sketches
to the great heap of drawings stored in a specially conditioned
vault. Too young then, I could not figure out how to meet their
request for "timeless architecture," now I could fulfill that
exenactment yearning effortlessly with our deathless cyber
tools, repeatedly revising to the end of time or electricity.