40 days to eternity...

> From: lauf-s <lauf-s@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>>>
> I have no idea why the laying is state
> is to take so long except that the total forty days may be some kind of
> reenactment of the forty days Christ spent in the desert,
<<<<<<<

it was more probably to give time to incoming travelers to arrive on site
before the burial and present personally their respects. They had to travel
slowly. No Concorde available then.

Also the importance of such delay show the importance of the personage. Such
laying in state was amplified with the mummification of the pharaons. A kind
of path , on earth, to eternity.

In places like Mexico, a death is buried or burned next afternoon.
apparently because of decomposition aspects in warm countries. But actually
it's to keep the funeral bizness rolling at full speed. vacancy is minimum
with 22 millions in mexico city and very few companies dedicated to engrave
last memories. Eventually it's better to make reservations before time. No
mummies available.

Diana woudn't have had so much triumph here.
After 9-11 Mexico was the only country who did NOT commemorate as the USA,
English, Canadian did, their victims in the wtc. Possibly because here death
is realistically at every corner.

?¼?