scientists

> From: Ronald Evitts <revitts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:29:29 -0500
> To: DESIGN-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> are there any statistics/breakdowns (john young) about how much time is
> spent on what kind of activities on the internet?

of course. i lost a link about such,(prefs crash when changing the OS) but
Microsoft,cookies and sponsors are the first to analyze those spent times.
The US university who did the research found some patterns similar to the
use of time on tv, with variations, of course.
the biggest use of the internet is actually for porn/erotic access. far away
from the original intended use in scientific research/info exchange.
don't we forget the majority of internet users are not scientists, anyway.

with some time availablity (looking simultaneously to the screens) or a
sniffer in the server,f.i. in those internetcafe, italian or appleans, you
could define patterns the way they did.
?¼?