Re: WTC Debris Site

Thank you, John. What an incredible city. Words fail me. Become specks.

I'm choked up looking at the places that are familiar to me. Silly things,
like the Outerbridge Crossing.
When I was a kid the name seemed like a joke name for a bridge until I
learned Outerbridge was the name of the engineer who designed it.
(I guess the real joke would have been to call it the Outerbridge Bridge)
And now I see it, after decades, in a photo full of the dead skeleton of
grief, layed out on a giant lab table with white suited technicians poring
over the broken battered joints. Too much, too much. There was never
any context in the close-up news photos. I'm bitter now. I'm going to
cry for the first time about all this. What a stupid world.