again...

> From: John Young <jya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: WTC Recycled Steel
>
> On the WTC recycled steel, D sent this:
>

> http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-012602steel.story
>
> A Font of Grief in New York, a Savvy Transaction in China
> Terror: Trade center ruins provide cheap, quality scrap, steel company says.
> Victims' families decry deal as coldhearted.
>
> By CHING-CHING NI
> Times Staff Writer
>
> January 26 2002
>
> SHANGHAI -- Even as New Yorkers emotionally debate what kind of memorial
> should honor those killed in the Sept. 11 attack on the World Trade Center,
> 50,000 tons of mangled metal from the twin towers have already been sold off
> and shipped to China as scrap.
>
> China's largest steel company denied reports that it plans to make souvenirs
> out of metal from the collapsed buildings. But officials at Shanghai
> Baosteel here said the company did buy scrap from the wreckage.
>
> For those involved in the deal, the purchase was an ordinary business
> transaction.
>
> "Scrap from the World Trade Center is cheap, and the quality is good," said
> Cao Xianggen, an engineer at Baosteel. "America can't use it all, but China
> has a huge demand for it."

AGAIN: any idea who is actually selling the scrap to those two companies
cited , wh re-sold it to china/india.
and if someone or some US company or public service is making such
operation, who is in charge of deciding for who is the benefits ?
for some legitimated firefighters/victims fund or just a plain
publicapitalistidemocratic undercover ?
the most vicious way of closing the damage caused by the wtc catastrophy
would be another steeled scandal including some private/public officers
colluded for their own benefits.

Is there someone who could locally ask the question to some
congressman/senator/n.y.city public serviceman ? Eventually Giuliani
knows... Hopefully he's not to be compromised in some dirty $$ gains there.
I know it's not a design question, but the P.R. operations after the
cataclysm was too well designed to be perfect.
I still think the appropiation of the scraps to some syndicate/mafia like
bznss is improbable,but...
?¼?