going east, to poor, and back to rich niches...

> From: { brad brace } <bbrace@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 07:34:44 -0800
> To: DESIGN-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Where do old buildings go? (fwd)
>

> http://www.corpwatch.org/issues/PID.jsp?articleid=1608
>
> Trading in Disaster
>
> World Trade Center Scrap Lands in India
>
> By Nityanand Jayaraman and Kenny Bruno
> Special to CorpWatch
> February 6, 2002
>
> RELATED CHART
> Indian Citizens Group Protests WTC Scrap
>
> Potential Contaminants in World Trade Center Debris

interesting.

as I wrote here before, some big money still floats over the death's site.
intermediaries.contractors, possible big money under the tables. who's in
charge of those "contracts" ? The NY city maire ? (just wondering).

they sell similar if not same deaths as in the wtc tragedy, but slowly ,
and less visibly.
not a tragic event on all screens.
caused somewhere in poor countries, so to keep the big bucks go around.
THE reason not to subscribe to the basel convention ( or the Kyoto one)

We react, as good media consumers, when the death x distance factor acts
again, as when a chemical plant in india exploded decades ago, and lethal
gas killed thousands.
was then also a western owned or mastered process. English I think.
(memory?)
What happened to the scrap, then ?

when will we understand we shoudn't be on this planet just for doing only
that ? Money ? over/with human suffering?

isn't a pity ?