Re: Paper architecture ... model or reality??

> Part of the idea for this piece came from my mother. In our home in
> San Diego, we had a wall with windows facing out on the boring view
> of a neighbor's wall and part of his yard. My mother constructed
> sliding screens over the window and painted a bright, tropical garden
> scene on the screens. After a few years, it seemed as though the
> garden view was the view from that side of the house.
>
> -- Ken Friedman

as I just wrote: a japanese old tradition already did exactly the same.
probably well before 1982.

they also invented the Bonsai for the same purpose: the illusion- aide?s -
of vast space in a much smaller place,

the paper architecture is also just that: the illusion of vast space, in
some - any kind - reduced place. a sheet, a painting, or a model.

like the splash painting of Andy Warhol: a model or some reality ?

where lies the difference ? between seeing an idea drawn on paper or
designed (?) with concrete walls ?
does't matter so much ?
Is't just the normal instinct of the conceptor to prefer to see his idea to
be given a durable life, on bricks and mortar instead of beeing just an
abstract concept drawed on some perishable material like paper or canvas ?
¼?ß