Re: Paper architecture ... model or reality??

> From: patachon <phsov@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 18:21:13 -0600
> To: DESIGN-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Paper architecture ... model or reality??
>

>> Part of the idea for this piece came from my mother. In our home in
>> San Diego, we had a wall with windows facing out on the boring view
>> of a neighbor's wall and part of his yard. My mother constructed
>> sliding screens over the window and painted a bright, tropical garden
>> scene on the screens. After a few years, it seemed as though the
>> garden view was the view from that side of the house.
>>
>> -- Ken Friedman
>

> as I just wrote: a japanese old tradition already did exactly the same.
> probably well before 1982.
>
> they also invented the Bonsai for the same purpose: the illusion- aide?s -
> of vast space in a much smaller place,
>
> the paper architecture is also just that: the illusion of vast space,
>in some - any kind - reduced place.
on a sheet, a painting, or as a model.

I could also have added here: or on the screen architecture ... machined
with a PC.
(or eventually with a Mac.. (:-D)
for the drawing/rendering/autocading a.s.o. on a plasma screen , flat , is
just like drawing on a paper sheet.
without a pen but with some electronic pencil.
but the image is faster to be moved... isn't ?
but then also it could seem just artificially "better" than the image
written/drawn/put on some really ductible support. like a simple single
sheet of any material... or their sequencing, as in animated movies ( at
24 fps. please...)