Re: aesthetic knowledge

It would be interesting to research the iconographic history
of the 'Christian' cross prior to 14 September 325, that is,
prior to Helena's discovery of the True Cross.

[There was a congregation of Serbian Orthodox Christians in
my mother's hometown of Brestowatz, Yugoslavia, and my
grandmother, as a young girl, was the nanny at the Serbian
priest's household. About 20 years ago, my grandmother
taught me the names of the priest's five children, but I
don't remember them anymore. On 1 January 1945, when all the
ethnic Germans of Brestowatz and other neighboring towns
were being loaded into boxcars for shipment to labor camps
in Russia, my mother tells me that the only person there
that was protesting was a Serbian Orthodox priest, who
continually cried, "What are you doing with these people?"
until someone hit him, told him to shut-up and pushed him
away.]

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...