Artist Maggi Hambling, Benjamin Britten Sculpture, Vandalised Again.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/story/0,11711,1076606,00.html

Sculptor Maggi Hambling with her work - 'I thought people might come up and say thank you - more fool me'

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2692804

By Brian Farmer, PA News

Police were today searching for vandals after a controversial sculpture was daubed with paint for the second time in three months.

The stainless steel scallop structure at Aldeburgh - which was created by artist Maggi Hambling in tribute to composer Benjamin Britten - was attacked between Thursday and Saturday.

The sculpture, which is located on the beach at Aldeburgh, has attracted criticism from locals who say it is not in a suitable location.

Local councillors discussed the objections and decided it should stay put.

The sculpture was unveiled last year to commemorate Britten, who is Aldeburgh's most famous former resident.

In January it was vandalised for the first time when white paint was thrown over it.

In the latest attack the vandals used red and green paint, police said.