technically well designed stuff

----- Original Message -----
From: lauf-s

Subject: a well designed mnemonic

Happy Birthday, Pat.
thank you (Merci beaucoup)

Today is not an automatic unhappy day for me. A day for strong and significant memories, yes.

memory of the past must support confidence in the future, and action now.

[Calendrical] coincidence is not an automatic 'magical' thing for me. A strong and sometimes significant mnemonic, yes.

would we agree a calendar, anyways, is a mnemonic tool or at least a manisfestation of some instinctive need to locate / ubicate (latin Ubicare) our selves (in time, and therefore life?) by a simple comparison of datation (like comparing isohumans - aka equal humans- with isotopes of Carbon 14...)

about the magical, it's inexistant. magical tour are visually mysterious, but if you know the knowhow from behind the scene it's plain trickky stuff.
a technically well designed stuff

but coincidence seems sometimes magical...

and a calendar or a dating reference can be used as a magical mystery tour around our co-existence ( relation between diferent people).

do you remember?
http://lists1.cac.psu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0309&L=design-l&P=R24667&I=-3

http://lists1.cac.psu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0309&L=design-l&D=0&I=-3&P=11120

http://lists1.cac.psu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0309&L=design-l&P=R24994&I=-3

[Maybe it's like a Trumbauer/Abele designed palace with life and death in each of its 366 rooms.]

life and death is around us each daily hour, roaming around.
I sometimes wonder when will my heart stop suddenly, if so,,,

I'll probably never forget your birthday now.

for a plain mnemonic reason, like a trick of some well told tale....
take care... good week end.

( and don´t forget to register for 2004..if not yet)

P.

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...