Computer Architecture As An Analogue for Urban Design ?

Totally amazing to me is the potential for using computer architecture as analogues for learning about their applications to urban design. It seems that transportation, electrical and mechanical systems are built into such models. Architectural systems would either guide, or follow, their development in any scheme. And, the potential for an organization of physical architecture along the line of computer architecture might make some sense in this electronic age. Personally, I see physical architecture, material architecture, moving to energy architecture. This could mean the disintegration of mainly physical structures of today into more energy-related structures of tomorrow. Connecting to sun, air currents, tides, etc. seem to be very desirable in liew of fossil fuels.

.H.

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image