[design] Monkey Sea Voyage .6

To: tout fait www Duchamp bulletin board
Subject: re: Neo Futurist Prime Time Show about Duchamp
Date: 2002.11.05 08:54

The notion of casting Duchamp in the nude might be all that is needed to
ensure success, with occasional slips into drag, of course. And that line,
"Oddly enough, the crack of my ass is a ready-made" gets the audience
howling every time. ["Don't tell me. I noticed it too. Something sphinx in
here again."]

Then is there the competing notion of an enormous Duchamp dream of a chess
game with the opponent unknown, yet all the pieces are actual personalities.
For example, Duchamp's Queen is Michelangelo and Duchamp's King is Rrose
Selavy, while the opponent's Queen is Elizabeth II and the opponent's King
is Michelangelo. [One has to wonder if playing with a real Queen has its
advantages.] As usual, one of Duchamp's Bishops is Pope St. Celestine V, the
one that "was unfitted for the papal office in every respect except his
holiness." And, with any luck, the peon's are dedicated people like you and
me.