New mailing list

With this posting I am announcing a new mailing list as I promised
earlier this week. Its name will, for now, be "Analytic vs
Continental Philosophy" with a submission address of "avc@xxxxxx" and
a request address of "avc-request@xxxxxx".

Since this list is a spin-off of Analytic, its initial subscriber list
will include everyone who is now subscribed to Analytic, though each
of you now have the option of subscribing or unsubscribing to one or
the other list independently of each other. The list will be offered
in both DISCUSS (single message) and DIGEST formats.

A rough draft of the charter follows, thanks to Eric Thomson for
contributing it.

AVC is a forum for the exploration of the relationship between
analytic and continental philosophy. Appropriate topics include the
historical roots of each tradition, comparing/contrasting figures from
the two schools, as well as meta-philosophical critiques of the
methodologies typically employed by figures within each respective
school.

I would still appreciate any suggestions for a reading list and
perhaps a better charter which could be the base for a web page.

Please do not cross-post to "analytic" and "avc".

Rodrigo <Vanegas@xxxxxxx>