H & Christian Theology

On p.49 of B+T(Ger.Pagination) H. points out "the anthropology of
Christianity" ( and he also includes the ancient world)..:"whose
inadequate ontological foundations have been overlooked byt the
philosophy of life(?) and by personalism".
Christian Dogmatics,(with which H. is not especially concerned) can
"hardly be said to have made an ontological problem of Man's
Being."(with which he is primarily concerned).

And so"the decisive ontological foundation of anthropological
problematics remains undetermined."(ibid).

Unless "God" is a purely ontological term.."if it (the term_God)
is to be understood as ens perfectissmus..every entity which is not God
is an ens creatum"( ibid p92,section 2).

The focus of the analysis is ontological-discussion of primordial
contact need not be denied from discourse-except it is problematic as to
how such discourse could proceed.

However if we are careful to locate ourselves not with the words,but
with that to which the words refer,we will uncover intrinsic
awareness.Otherwise "Our view ..will remain superficial so long as we
fail to go back to that origin,so long as we fail to find beneath the
chatter of words,the primordial silence...and so long as we do not
describe the action which breaks this silence."
(Merleau-Ponty-Phenomenology of Perception (RKP)p184,

When we pierce this silence with the naming- action,i.e. the
imputation of a some-thing,we have broken above the surface of the ocean
and have begun to discuss the waves. We have begun philosophy,and yet
we need not depart from faith;the sure prescencing of primordial
intimacy-what Merleau-Ponty calls
(..."the reawakened primordial experience anterior to all
traditions")(ibid 179).

Wilton Rodger
Huia Institute of Axiomatics
New Zealand.