Re: transcendental subjectivity

Robert Scheetz wrote:

> I didn't mean to suggest any H'ian position here, only to illustrate
> with a notorious example of bad art how a non-dialectical aesthetic
> (i.e. absent the perception of abstract forms) approach leads to
> gross error, as in the mistaking the pre-eminently ontical Eros
> for "ek-stasis". Which I take to be the case with Wagner enthusiasm...
> mysticism generally...and H putatively.

Martin Weatherston replied:

Since I do not agree at all that Wagner is to be appreciated by a
mere surrendering to a wash of sound, I can hardly concur that Wagner's
music dramas are a "notorious example of bad art". As I tried to
suggest, such an interpretation seems to come merely from Nietzsche's
crudest parodies of Wagner, not from a genuine experience of his art.

What on earth is going on here?
Mr Scheetz is making a value judgement based upon what?
The most general of all possible hearsays?
A set of opinion?Whose?His? His subjectivity is a pathroad
to bad philosophy/..and obvious musical ignorance/..
The theme of Eros happens in Pelleas and
Melleasande(Debussy),Puccini,Verdi,Schubert et al.
The ideological assumption re mysticism per se has nothing to do
wit the asethetic value of the work.
Neitzsche's nose was out of joint because Wagner ridiculed him
personally-nothing to do with Wagners work.
Apart from wanton obscurity,Wagner and Heiddeger both had
anti-Semitism in common,BTW.
Please start making some sense Mr Scheetz-or get a job in an ad
agency!

Wilton Rodger,
Huia School of Empiric Rejoinders,
Huia,