Heidegger and Mathematics

Dear List Members,

Are there anybody on this list who is a mathematician, logicist or a
physicist, or have some realtively serious education in Natural Sciences?

I have some questions and conjectures in mathematical logic and in
physics, which can be interpreted, as a trial to formulate Heidegger's
fundamental ontology in a precise, mathematical way. If anyone is interested,
please let me know. In that case I send them.

For someone it can sound strange that Heidegger can motivate math research,
but do not forget, that he received serious mathematical education,
and he finished his studies as a mathematician, as far as I know.
(Please correct me, if I am wrong, because I am mainly relying on "communist
translated" texts and information, and I simply do not trust them.)

For me, who is a mathematician, Heidegger is the only known philosopher
except Plato, whose work, at least Beeing and Time,
expresses beauty, which seems to be very similar to mathematical beauty. I
strongly feel, that some of Heidegger's ideas are formalizable. Maybe,
more precise formulation some of his thoughts can help in his understanding.

Sorry, but it does not have any connection with your seemingly most
favorit subject, "Heidegger vs Nazis" ... . At least, I am not aware of
it. But you can teach me ... :-). [I hope, nobody is offended.]

Good reading ...

Tibor O'dor, PhD in math,
Mathematical Institute of the
Hungarian Academy of Sciences