Re: H & Nazism

Robert,

You make several interesting suggestions here. I am interested in hearing
more about how these elements (can we call them "concomitant attributes"?)
relate, particularly the RC to Nazi (sacred to profane) bit. I've never
really thought that H. lacks the sacred in the later works, though he
certainly is resistant to deifying (reifying?) the transcendent.

Tony

On 24 May 1996, robert scheetz wrote:

> Biographically, isn't there an obvious continuity, RC to Nazi,
> from sacred to profane, to be sure, but structurally,
> i.e. institutionally and thematically?
>
> Also, the tacks used to "justify" H: especially that his "thinking"
> is autonomous (transcendant), like the "truth" of the Apostolic Church, entirely
> discrete from his secular crimes... identical and identically dualistic ...
> and that H's wisdom is wise beyond the wisdom of us mere men...
>
> Why is it empirical observations such as these seem out of order, impertinent,
> impudent...to H'ians?
>
> The author of the recent Masterpiece Theatre, Signs & Wonders, casts
> H in the aspect of a High Church "Moonie"...one cannot not feel the force
> of the parallel, no?
>

> --- from list heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ---

A.F. Beavers, Ph.D. Assoc. Prof. Philosophy & Religion
U of Evansville, Evansville, IN 47722 812-479-2682
Metaphysics, Contemporary Continental Philosophy