Re: Heidegger & Schmitt

> I am attempting to write an essay on the possible inter-
> connections between Heidegger's notion of Welt and Carl Schmitt's
> notion of nomos as Ortung (localisation) and Ordnung (ordering).
> Aside from a footnote reference by Jean-Luc Nancy on the decisionism
> of Heidegger and Schmitt and, of course, a bundle of references to
> the political engagement of both, not much is available on the two.
> Can anyone recommend literature?
>
> Panu Minkkinen
> University of Helsinki
> Finland

You could try Pierre Bourdieu's Essay The political ontology of
Martin Heidegger (I cannot say if this is the English title, I
read it in German). Bourdieu locates Heidegger in the general context
of the intellectual scene during the twenties anf thirties.

Martin Baeuerle
Sprachlernzentrum Universitaet Bonn
Regina-Pacis-Weg 1
D-53113 Bonn