Re: Erik and the Wolf(flin), Gadamer, Adorno etc

> Erik, could you give us (or me anyway) a snippet of what you've written so far on these.
>Forgive my ignorance but who/what is Wolfflin?
> Cheers
> MP

Sorry, I have to rush off now, and I know of no connection between Wolfflin and Heidegger.
Roughly*, the former was a very influential (Hegel and Kant inspired) art historian who is
widely credited with developing the first art-historical method. He was taught by
Burckhardt (and I guess you all know of the latter's influence/friendship on/with
Nietzsche).
Wolfflin (umlaut over the o) is famous for his 5 concepts that distinguish the Renaissance
>from that of the Baroque, namely the linearly (Renaissance) and the painterly (Baroque).
Came from the field of philosophy and influenced by Hildebrand and a philosopher called
Conrad Fiedler. (And if any know of writings by or on these two, particularly
Fiedler,1841-1895, please drop me off the info if you have time).
If any are still interested in what I am looking at (Wolfflin on architectural psychology
and empathy, Kant/Paul Crowther on the sublime and Heidegger on intentionalist art theory),
please drop me a line.
I am also interested, for possible future options, (as per the last email of mine), on
Gadamer's take on Heidegger and art and the alienated aesthetic consciousness.
One further question: does any one know why Adorno wanted to "take"Heidegger down, and why
/how/what Adorno took his dissertation on S Kierkegaard and art?

*Gee, "roughly" is right.
Erik Champion