Re: Another twist on overcoming

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, M.Eldred_artefact wrote:

> But what is the sense of beyng as such? Staendiges Anwesen - standing presence.
> This sense was never thought of within metaphysics, although Plato and Aristotle
> thought _from_ it. This background was lost as metaphysics got under way.

> And perhaps the step back could mean for humankind that something other than
> ideas could presence, could be (not) seen, that also the non-standingness of
> presence could come into its own as that which affects humankind without being
> seen in its idea. Is the clearing an opening for non-entities as well as
> entities?

In an otherwise excellent post, I have to question your saying the sense
of beyng (Seyn, I believe) as such is constant presence, particularly
since you later say that beyng is the clearing, event, whatever (a
Dolism). Seyn is definitely not constant presence, but presencing
(Anwesen), coming to presence, coming to stand in presence. As the
Anaximander Fragment makes clear, constant presence, the eternal,
oversteps the bounds of what is appropriate to being, that it comes to be
and passes away. Metaphysics, by taking being as constant presence (this
is Heidegger's "ousiological" breakthrough in the early 1920's), sends
being out of joint, or is "uncanny" as his 1943 gloss on Sophocles puts
it. I think you realize this, judging from something I accidentally
deleted, but I just wanted to make this clear.

Chris