architecture and/or Heidegger

Erik Champion is up in arms again. His basic approach seems to pose either
(you send me useful snipe-ets of info) /or (you do not want to help me
out). Erik seems to demand attention towards the securing of snipe-ets of
knowledge, a sort of preparation for a kind of data-base in which
who-said-whats-about-what fields can be sorted into nice pack-ets for later
use. Nothing would be amiss here if this was not a Heidegger(ian) list. It
seems to me that Heidegger spent most of his writely time ex-posing the
rush to grasp bits of this and that (and these this's and that's include
'aesthetics' and 'meta-aesthetics') as precisely what must be
verwindung(ed) -- metaphysics or even physics. With the best will in the
world I would suggest that Erik does not need Heidegger or his/its 'brand'
of thinking if all that is required is some kind of spurious assemblage of
Heideggerian opinionating for whatever practical purposes or forms of
re-gurgitation. This is not to say that Erik would not 'benefit' from
ex-posure to thinking (Being) but he needs to open up to what he does not
want (yet) and attempt to walk the gentle though tough paths of nearing
Being. To see aesthetics and its meta as other than the object of an
un-thinking speech that pro-duces results (for the culture industry and the
prolongation of the rule of techne logos in things and thinks) is perhaps
to begin to see art. Perhaps the Erik phenomenon could be-gin to question
the 'meta' and look into the meaning(s) of 'aesthetics' not to mention the
arche of archi-texture rather than accept the questions as dis-solved as
answered in a flurry of opinions and merely dis-putable positions to hold
and let go of (for more profitable pursuits). Perhaps the Erik should
be-gin to question the whole notion of doxa and idea and (see 'An
Introduction to Metaphysics', Heidegger)... rather than wage minor
flourishes and foot-stamping concerning whether who-ever has furnished him
with the requisite answers to (perhaps) non-Heideggerian non-questions or
no. Erik appears to my small intelligence precisely what Heidegger was
referring to in 'An Introduction...' as the decline of 'spirit' into
'intelligence' and mere 'cleverness' in the age of technology etc.

I am inter-fering because despite extreme business to do with the Sandwich
Festival I am moved to speak.

Erik Champion is up in arms again. I would like to walk the path with him
but I fear he will take up arms (again).

Walk don't run.

MP