more on "rhetorical capability"

In thinking about this matter further, I am struck by Heidegger's word for
"Potentiality-for-Being in SZ, namely "Seinkonnen"(umlaut over the o). He
seems to equate Seinkonnen with Verstehen when he says "Als solches
Verstehen "weiss" es woran es mit ihm selbst das Heist seinem Seinkonnen
ist." Understanding KNOWS its capabilities, what it is capable of. In
other words ( am I getting this right?) The understanding Da of Dasein IS
its capabilties which , Heidegger goes on to say, is "accompanied by state
of mind ( Befindlichkeit) and as such is existentially surrendered to
thrownness, [and so] Dasein has in every case already gone astray and
failed to recognize itself. In its potentiality for Being (Seinkonnen) it
is therefore delivered over to the possibilty of first finding itself again
in its possibilities."

Back to rhetoric now. I'm wondering if we can see rhetoric ( our capacity
for making and finding discourse persuasive) as one of the primary
"Seinkonnen," which Verstehen "knows,." and in turn which offers Dasein one
of its projected possibilites of being-in-the-world. Our bemoodedness
existentially surrenders Dasein to thrownness with accompanying going
astray and forgetting. The "possibility of first finding itself" then
presents itself through an enactment of the rhetorical capability as a
response to bemmodedness. This enactment says Heidegger on Aristotle is a
circumspective concern which itself can be seen and examined through the
lens of hermeneutical phenomenology.

I did that too quickly, I'm sorry, but I must go. I'd be interested in
reflecting more slowly on it later with whomever might be following.

Allen