RE: What is truth?

Wow! I was supposed to get all that from three lines of Nietzsche? You =
overestimate my abilities. :-)

To sum up, it seems we both agree that "All is relative" is a statement =
that can be:
(a) true or false (in which case the assertion contradicts itself)
(b) poetic and provocative (your first point below: not literally true =
or false, but pointing to something beyond itself, e.g. the assertion =
you actually wish to make - "All is between relative and absolute")
(c) inescapable once accepted (your second point below: not =
self-contradictory but self-proving!)

I don't see how (a) is simplistic and misleading. It would only be so if =
(b) and (c) were denied as possibilities of meaning. But I am quite =
comfortable with all three. We should acknowledge that (c) is a descent =
into madness whereby communication is no longer possible, that (a) is =
the beginning of any philosophical dialogue on the issue, and that (b) =
continues the dialogue, so that further propositions and metaphors =
(logoi kai muthoi) can be examined in the dialogue.=20

And I am interested in a dialogue about the methexis, the third way =
between relative and absolute, that we all are in our mode of being.

In the end you return to arguing about the self-contradiction of (a). =
You say that the self-contradiction of the sentence is itself =
contradicted by the facts (so that (a) is obviously true, not obviously =
false): that everything is obviously relative. But your reasoning is =
"All that is in relation is relative", "Everything is in relation", =
therefore "Everything is relative". The major premise is false because =
it excludes the relation of the absolute to the inbetween. If you deny =
this, then the minor premise assumes what is to be proved because you =
persist in maintaining that the major premise has no meaning outside of =
a simply manifest, self-evident tautology. But this is merely the =
descent to (c) once again. The way out of the aporia lies with (b).

Finally, are you suggesting that scientists are the dupes of realitas =
while we are the masters of aletheia?=20