RE: Anthropomorphic truth?

Chris Morrissey asks:

>Would you say literal truth is the primary sense of truth?
>
>I think the question is related to this one: Is energeia higher than dunamis?

No. I don't think however that you can disconnect or disassociate the idea
of "truth" from logic (or the _logos_, if you will), without cancelling the
idea altogether. An interesting reflection on this has to do with the
contrast between logical and poetic truth. Poetic truth is not _simply_
illogical--if it were, it would be gibberish. So, poetic truth makes sense
by means of counterpoising itself against the literal truth, if you will,
but in doing so confirms the necessity of such a truth, at least as a base
or ground for other kinds of truths to react off of.

I'm not up enough right now on Aristotle to comment on energeia vs. dynamis.
You have to figure physis and kinesis into that as well, right? Maybe you
can refresh my understanding by summarizing what you see as being the root
issue here, vis a vis the question of truth.

Steve