Re: Anthropomorphic truth?

> Chris,
> every so often your emails seem to include some doctoral thesis of yours
spewed out in alphanumeric code ie, loads
> of formatting rubish-can you get rid of it from your emails?

Sorry! I just switched from Netscape to Internet Explorer and it doesn't
seem to be working right yet. I'm on it...

> i take it that you were answering my questions:
> 1. both forms of truth-I agree
> 2. the question is, is one sometimes more appropriate or more alien or
more necessry or more...?

I'm not sure.

> 3. > All we should want is to behold it as such, and not to preconceive
it in = any form or as any notion.
> is not truth, though, sometimes a self-directed bias?

Maybe not.

> ands does not impartial beholding against one definition of truth?
> (maybe you are more a physicist than a Greek?)

Whatever!

> Perhaps one form of truth (via art) opens us up to our past closedness.
> Perhaps it also allows for selective closure.
> Perhaps it refuses closure.
> Perhaps all three.

You've lost me...

> Oi! Descartes and Heidegger on the same team? How could you!

I think they are more related than Heidegger would care to admit.