Re: Energeia vs Dunamis

Perhaps it would be interesting to look into the etymology of the "case",
and its phenomenology.

Tom B.

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Chris Morrissey wrote:

> You seem to sum up Heidegger's case for the primacy of dunamis. Or am I
> missing something? Anyone?

'After witnessing the gruesome effect of sanctions on children and families
in Basrah, a city in southern Iraq, one delegation member, Brad Lyttle,
said, 'The sanctions are not spectacular, and operate slowly, but they
kill and maim as remorselessly as bullets and bombs, and are destroying a
generation of Iraqi children.' "