Re: Heidegger's Preposterous Asumptions (1)

Hi Jud, you wrote:

>You will remember perhaps that I am generally anti-Aristotelian?
>In addition to that I hold that there is only matter/energy in the
>cosmos - matter in the form of energy and particles and energy in
>the form of matter and that even things like thought is matter/energy
>produced by synapsal activity which is stored in the mind/brain as
>energy matter.

Well this is nice, i always like it when you are stirring up some basic
philosophical problems, but allow me two questions regarding your phrase:
"there is only matter/energy in the cosmos".

- and what about the phenomenon *time* ? is time also material ?
and if so, how can we empirically and directly perceive time then ?

- my second question is somewhat related to the above, but has to
do with the phenomena of *change* and *absence*. In your post
you also wrote that: ".... objects and organisms changes gradually
from a simple to a more complex level". But imo for change to be
possible, there must be movement and for movement to be possible
there must be free space (absence) to move to. Yet, if there is only
matter in the cosmos (and nothing else), matter could not move nor
change and the cosmos would be in a constant saturated fixed state.
Thus for change to be possible, absence (openness, free space etc.)
is ontologically necessary, which inevitably lead us to the question:
is absence material ?

yours,
Jan