Re: Who and What is Januseus?

In a message dated 07/07/2004 14:26:26 GMT Standard Time, aeonpost@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

Just one short note, may it be useful or not:
The word "da" should imo better be translated as
"here" and not so much just as "there".
In German, using "da" in the sense of "(over) there"
is in most cases considered imprecise and the word
"dort" should be used instead.

Christian [Yes y'all, this is actually how my name is
spelled. Sorry about the typo from last time]

Jud:
I guessed so :-)
Re: Da as here or there — thanks for the thought but it matters little.
A lot depends on what ontic platform we stand when we point from HERE to
THERE and the given cosmic quantitative relation. I we accept that the ekei
[there] of being there is the material world in which the Dasein represented in
the language of the barbarians abides, then Januseus is actually constituted
of bits of the ekei which he has accumulated by absorption during his being
there in the world as a collection of minute portions of the cosmic EKEI
itself.

Remember that the cosmos viewed from planet earth to the human mind
represents the ultimate EKEI - (THERE) it is inconceivable [for the purposes of the
present discussion] that there exists another ekei - other than the
cosmos. In that sense what we can refer to as the ultimate ekei — is in fact
cosmically speaking — the ultimate HERE - for we abide here in the cosmos.
We could go further and say that if we set our tiny planet earth against the
infinite backdrop of the cosmos, the crude ontological device 'Dasein' is
obsolete — for on an earthly scale, rather than a cosmic quantitative
relation, we are HERE not THERE - we are 'Being Here in the cosmos' not 'Being
There in the cosmos.' Thus the notions of HERE and THERE merge as perceived
locative, spatial, positional, existential modalities of mankind.

You can view a slightly amended version of "What is Januseus" which explores
this idea in a little more depth at:
_http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/januseus01.htm_
(http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/januseus01.htm)

Cheers,

Jud.

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---