Re: two matters

>From: "Tudor Georgescu" <tgeorgescu@xxxxxxx>
>To: <heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: two matters
>Date: Sat, Jul 24, 2004, 5:41 am
>

> Materialists say that information does not really exist, but I'm convinced
> the bit you mean (i.e. ask for e-mail confirmation/receipt enabled or
> disabled) is still really set as enabled.

Tudor, could we say that data is the new matter? Especially if we do not
insist on defining matter too narrowly (e.g., when we get down to seriously
consider what, materially, the electron or better, the photon is, questions
multiply; and then there is the matter of the dialectical materialists which
muchly includes 'history' and economic 'forces', etc...). If you like, data
is (the) matter for the information sciences which have now (in the lights
of gestell) have begun to accumulate and recollect all forms of
communication and linguistic discourses, including, very much, our own on
this list. Well, that's my little bit for what it's worth... matters not.

regards

michaelP

  • RE: two matters
    • From: Tudor Georgescu