Re: two matters

Dear Kenneth,
What I do not understand is why the "strip mining" feature at SPOONS, University of Virginia, does not "strip" it off before it goes to the individual members of thge group. It always seems to "strip" things off of Jud Evans mail all the time.

Gary

Kenneth Johnson <beeso@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Dear Dr. Scult,
>Sorry, I didn't know that was happening and I understand your concern. I
>have now cut out that feature . . . I think. Tell me if it occurs again.
>
>Gary C. Moore

Well it is still occuring on this mail Gary but it is never a
forced-response thing, just an irritating beep and a button to press asking
to "notify sender". You don't have to hit the button to read the post, at
least on Eudora.

Kenneth

>> Matter One
>>
>> I tried to open the post from Gary Moore, but before I could read
>> it I had to respond to the following forced response situation: "
>> Sender has requested notification that you have seen this," and then
>> the box-to-click: "Notify Sender," which led to whole slew of
>> thoughts about who, why, how etc. Of course I refused to be party
>> to this scam to wantonly penetrate by my cyber-privacy on this list.
>> That is, nobody gets to know what I read or don't read, read and
>> throw away, read and compose reply to but don't send. . .
>>
>> I'm sure the endlessly decorous, and I agree, very much missed Mr.
>> Moore is himself not responsible for this, so I'm writing to
>> essentially warn/incite him and fellow listers " Let's smoke out
>> this virus and bomb the hell out of it."
>>
>> Allen in a Bushy mood.

http://mail.yahoo.com

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---

  • Re: two matters