go on!

everyone and no one:

Allen quotes Beckett in his lovely text (Allen's) 'Being Jewish/Reading
Heidegger', p.72:

"I can't go on. I must go on. I'll go on." [possibly from 'Waiting For
Godot'?]

I can see this as the position of philosophy today:

I can't go on --> philosophy is metaphysics, philosophy ends in completed
metaphysics, metaphysics must end...

I must go on --> the tradition begun with the pre-metaphysicals
(pre-socratics) must not vanish, it must begin again in the
post-metaphysical recollection of the very arche of thinking
(philosophically)...

I'll go on --> to see that one can't go on but must go on is the first step
to going on...

regards from one michaelP

Michael Pennamacoor
Abgrundrisse