Re: lying

Rene wrote:

> It's absolutely vital to stick to the theme of ontological lying.
> The idea that one could be, of oneself, capable of truth, and able
> to surpass lying, seems only acceptable to the last-minute-subjectivity,
> one sees at work indifferently whether in politics, economics or
> philosophy.

Rene, in what way can "ontological lying" be thematised without necessarily
lying about it (since, perhaps, it is not a topicalisable thing or
theme...)?

> The current and ongoing bloody lies, that are at the base of
> international relations, grant a chance to take an essential
> mendacity into view, that is responsible for the filthy spectacle
> of the last 100 years of world politics.
>
> Would it all be all-too-human greed and deceit, then all these
> massacres remain without meaning, while serious undertakings,
> investigating the relation of technology, terror and truth, might
> still shed a meaningful light on them.

And what might this 'meaning behind the moaning' [line from one of my
somgs... sorry] this meaning of utter brutalising violence, er, be, pray?

> Crying with the children is just crying with the wolves, and
> only serves their purposes.

Can one not cry then anyway? The people who committed the massacre (whether
of innocents or not) had a choice to either do their dirty deed or not. They
chose violence, and a violence that achieved nothing but the obliteration of
small and larger humans. Their 'cause' has surely suffered, and will
obviously suffer further violent consequences and I can not believe that
such consequences were not equally obvious to these slimeball murderers.

Can you not simply cry anyway for these poor victims? Agreed it's not good
enough just to cry and ask as to the end of such cycles of revenge and
violence, when one is pursuing some kind of truth, but a moment of sheer
anti-exuberance is not at all falling into the dirty paws of the "wolves",
surely?

> The Asians, while in principle not capable of fathoming global,
> eveninglandish mendacity, are working hard to see clearer.
> They won't overcome Western superiority - technology+lies - ,
> but their analyses are refreshing, compared to modern western
> scholasticism.

Give us some refreshing examples of such analyses then, or are you just
celebrating with other wolves.

mP