RE: anti or antique heidegger?

Thanks for the reply Jan.

I think much of what you say is interesting and correct - but it seems to me
that in a sense the Beitraege acts more as a wealth of ideas than does Being
and Time. We need to remember when this text was written, and that it was
not published until 13 years after Heidegger's death. Much in it is new and
unforeseen, but much is also worked through in other ways in post-1938
writings: the role of language; machination/technology; Ereignis, for
instance.

I'm not sure that the "religious and aesthetical themes and strategies get
the upper hand in his post-war thinking", although they do play a major
role. In a sense that is one side of the post-war work, and the technology
stuff is the other side.

I'm interested in the idea that "the fall" can be linked to Machenschaft,
and
Technik and perhaps you could say more.

>What i had in mind, when i chacterized Heidegger as a-political, were
the concrete skills, the networks, the 'friends' and the money that any
politician needs to survive in the actual political field of day to day
machinations at the party level and with the media.

In that sense, sure; I was more meaning at the level of thought.

>I am not acquainted
with the 1924 Aristotle lectures (GA18) but i readily believe that he
had some interesting things to say at the theoretical philosophical level.
Maybe you can tell us some more.

I have a piece on these lectures forthcoming in Philosophy and Rhetoric, and
much of this informs chapter one of the book i am currently working on.
maybe i can post the draft onto a website soon.

Ted Kisiel and Allen Scult have written on these lectures too. See

Allen Scult, 'Aristotle's Rhetoric as Ontology: A Heideggerian Reading',
Philosophy and Rhetoric, Vol 32 No 2, 1999, pp. 146-59.
Theodore Kisiel, 'Situating Rhetorical Politics in Heidegger's
Protopractical Ontology (1923-1925: The French Occupy the Ruhr)',
Existentia, Vol IX, 1999, pp. 11-30.
Kisiel, The Genesis of Heidegger's Being and Time, pp. 286-301
Allen Scult, 'The Hermeneutics of Heidegger's Speech: A Rhetorical
Phenomenology', Journal of the British Society for Phenomenology, Vol 29 No
2, May 1998, pp. 162-73.
P. Christopher Smith, 'The Uses of Abuses of Aristotle's Rhetoric in
Heidegger's Fundamental Ontology: The Lecture Course, Summer, 1924', in
Babette E. Babich, From Phenomenology to Thought, Errancy and Desire,
Dordrecht: Kluwer, 1999, pp. 315-33.

Allen's new book Being Jewish/Reading Heidegger - which i have, but haven't
yet read - also looks at these lectures.

>I hope you will stay, and bring your
Wahrnis,you've been absent for far too long.

Thanks Jan. Despite itself, i do find this list of interest. Time and the
level which it descends tend to limit my involvement of course.

best wishes

Stuart