Re: Energy decline and totalitarianism

Hello...

> Thanks Malcolm for the energy boost of the Heidegger list.
> (We've got to raise more energy than the earth is losing)
>
> Hydrogen energy, or whatever TECHNOLOGICAL effort to face the
> permanent crisis we're in, CANNOT be a solution, Suppose even,
> that it would work somehow, then the real problem just remains,
> waiting to become acute in what always will be unforseeable
> circumstances.
>
> The only 'solution' can be: not working towards solutions anymore.
> They themselves are the trouble. Cos they have their ground in
> (the holding sway of) subjectivity. And any widerwille or rage
> against not being able to bring solutions, will only entangle more
> into subjectivism, at last completely irrational subjectivism.
> (fundamentalism: principle of reason as will-to-will)
>
> And meanwhile letting the world fall apart? Sure, it cannot be saved,
> it is wrong to try to save THIS any longer. Cut the ropes, and stand
> on your own feet, that's postmodern individualism, i suppose: carry
> the cross of metaphysical completion: a destiny.
>
> (then behind the world may come the earth)
>

> rene

I agree. *Intellectualiztion* *blah* *blah* *same comparative shit over and
over* *magnificence*.

As I quoted to Malcom:
"We confront the practical fact of living in a transient world which is not
characterized by devlopment per se but by development toward specific
conditions. Our technological world is not an area of unlimited
possibilities; rather, it possesses and embryonic character which drives
toward a predetermined maturity."
Ernst Jünger, "Technology as the Mobilization of the World Through the
Gestalt of the Worker, "p. 277

\ James /